Group PR Manager - Fantastic Opportunity -Leading Luxury High Street Retailer
This job has now expired
Group PR Manager
The Dune Group is the leading “premium affordable” fashion footwear and accessories retailer in the UK. Our brand portfolio includes fabulous brands such as Dune, Bertie, and Pied a Terre.
Friendly, fast-paced and incredibly dynamic our Central Support Office is a challenging and extremely rewarding place to work. Our head office teams are sassy, talented and share a common love of retail and most importantly our brand! They are all dedicated to giving 100% in every aspect of their role and play just as hard as they work! Personality is just important as talent; we want people who are excited by what they do and aren’t afraid to speak up and shout about how we can improve things!
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Group PR Manager to join our growing PR & Marketing team. Reporting into the Head of Marketing you will be responsible for delivering the PR strategy, targets and objectives across our wide portfolio of brands, as well as managing the PR team and showroom on a daily basis. This really is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced PR Manager seeking to gain exposure across a leading luxury high street retailer.
Targets and reporting
- Responsible for setting and subsequently managing the targets and KPI’s for Dune, Bertie, Pied a Terre, Head over Heels and Chelsea Cobbler in terms of coverage credits and EAV.
- Manage the delivery of these targets, on a monthly basis and by category providing full analysis on results.
- Responsible for the production of the monthly PR report which is distributed to key stakeholders within the business.
- Responsible for the weekly PR report which is distributed at the Monday Trade meeting.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of a seasonal PR strategy.
- Continue to monitor and evaluate the PR strategy throughout the season, in order to ensure that all objectives (of the PR team, the brands and the business) are being achieved.
- Working closely with the Buying and Design teams, The Group PR Manager will be responsible for selecting the most press worthy samples for all brands from each seasons collection, ensuring that each brands’ selection is reflective of the brands positioning.
- Dealing directly with suppliers (where applicable) to negotiate the cost price of samples per season, placing sample orders and ensuring that all samples are delivered on time.
- Managing the annual sample budget, and ensuring that all brands have sufficient levels of samples to achieve their annual targets whilst remaining firmly in budget and allowing for changes and last minute additions to the collection.
- Manage seasonal Press Days including venue, invites, catering, samples, VM display and budgets.
- Ensure that the attendance at Press Days is in line with seasonal and annual targets.
- Responsible for hosting Press Days and upholding the reputation of The Dune Group.
- Manage the photography, design and print of seasonal Look Books for press.
- Manage adhoc press events in line with the PR strategy.
- Working with external 3rd parties source products for goody bags for Press Days, store openings, managers conferences, store events, etc.
- Responsible for recruiting and subsequently managing all external agencies that provide services to the PR department such as Clippings agencies, Couriers, PR Shots, etc.
Operational responsibility for the PR budget, including the operating costs for the Press Office.
Management & development of a team to deliver execution of strategies
- Managing team resource & direct reports to ensure that all KPI’s and departmental objectives are met.
- 5 years fashion PR experience
- Excellent understanding of PR tactics
- Excellent press contacts
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of managing a budget
- Has experience of a multi-brand environment at a management level
- Team management experience essential
- Enjoys working in a fast paced commercial environment
- Self-motivated, positive & passionate – works in solutions, not problems
- Is in a management position and is looking for further development
- Excellent staff discount
- Participation in the Company bonus scheme
- Annual travel loan
- Life assurance
- Private Health Cover