RETAIL COST ANALYST
My Client is a major fashion retailer with a global reputation.They are enjoying a period of unprecedented success and have created this ne role to support the retail team.
The person would partner with the Retail Planning team on sales, peak trade etc to plan and forecast labour, swh (sales per worked hour ratio) optimise labour scheduling, management absence and how to more efficiently plan headcount for stores. This role does not currently exist so there is a broad scope and will need someone adaptable as all current monitoring and forecasting is done in simple excel. So this person will need to set up new excel spreadsheets (using analytical tools) and be open to at some point in the future to implement Kronos – workforce management tool.
Retails Maths preferred but this is definitely someone who is advanced excel.
The main responsibilities are;
- Partner with Finance and Director of Stores to plan, track and manage payroll budget and forecasting
- Analyse and forecast Store S&B in partnership with regional managers, make recommendations for future action
- Prepare and present to Director of Stores monthly store S&B performance and forecast in line with sales and GM performance
- Manage the monthly payroll forecasting process, provide reporting and analysis
- Develop, review and analyse reports to determine root cause of issues, track and report progress to set parameters that will improve productivity and efficiency
- Collaborate with Regional Managers to create and review performance, agree action plans to effectively manage S&B within agreed budget
- Create and utilise payroll analysis tools to develop store labour scheduling goals
- Gather and monitor time standards data to reduce the non/sell non critical, absence, sickness hours. Use traffic data to improve scheduling
- Partner with Retail Planning team to ensure the feed of sales and traffic data is built into all payroll planning scheduling and forecast
- Partner with Corporate HR and country accountant to understand, and plan, labour laws, and payment variations, build all variables into the planning and forecasting process
This is a really great role and team, building from ground up,with huge scope for the future.
If this role is right for you then please submit your CV by return, or call Ian Gerstein on 0207 400 6071for more information