Buyer - Fashion Jewellery
Leading high street fashion jewellery and accessories brand looking for an experienced Buyer
Your new company
Leading high street fashion jewellery and accessories brand looking for an experienced Buyer to join their team.
Your new role
They are looking for a Buyer to maximise the profitability of the brands, by developing and delivering the product range to support the Brand strategy in order to achieve the KPIs. The Buyer will work with Merchandising and Design to deliver a commercial range that consistently meets and exceeds the customer's needs, whilst satisfying the Host's expectations.
· Work with the Merchandisers to develop the brand strategy, in line with the Host/ Brand strategy
· Develop and deliver product ranges tailored to the customer profile and brand positioning that achieve or exceed target margin and sales plans
· Develop market positioning and benchmark the competition (and International markets where relevant)
· Identify and develop key trends and colour stories for season ahead, suited to the phasing plan
· Identify key suppliers, understanding their strengths, capabilities and weaknesses and undertake trips for product development and negotiation twice per year
· Develop new product types and seasonal offers
· Propose product, pricing and packaging trials
· Work with VM to ensure the VMG reflects product strategy/trend for relevant timing
· Liaise with VM and Merchandising to deliver in store graphics and POS
· Plan buy quantities that reflect the potential sales, lifetime and risks of each line.
· Manage Critical Path ensuring ranges/product offer is delivered at correct timings
· Be reactive to own brand and general trading pattern by continuously reviewing current performance and commitment and re aligning as necessary
· Lead weekly trading, driving actions that increase sales and profitability, highlighting any risks or opportunities to Head of Buying
· Work with design, PR and Host on Press day concepts
· Undertake inspirational shopping trips and visit trade shows both locally and overseas
· When developing product be aware of origin of product in order to avoid copyright infringement
· Any other duties which may reasonably be required by the business
· Build strong relationships with the Host, attending Host meetings and ensuring all actions are delivered
· Work with the Business Development team to optimise online, international and new business opportunities, including supporting the development of the franchise and wholesale plan
· Ensure all systems and administrative work is accurate and timely, following "right first time" principles
· Provide accurate and timely data to the retail and logistics teams, considering the impact on other functions of decisions made
· Drive the development of the Assistant Buyer and Buyers Assistants.
· Deliver training in line with company's training plan.
What you'll need to succeed
· Has developed, implemented and reviewed a strategy and fully completed a trading cycle
· Experience of working on a good and poorly performing brand, taking corrective action when required
· Experienced in managing and developing a team
· Knowledge of jewellery manufacturing process and technical terms, sourcing and negotiation
· Has developed new ways of working
· Depth of knowledge of Jewellery within the retail industry, both high end and value, awareness of trends and impact of potential threats and competitors
· Ability to think through and prioritise products and ranges in order of commercial potential
· Extrapolates the practical implications and processes involved in producing a product, from initiation to shop floor
What you'll get in return
Competitive salary up to £40,000 + Car allowance + Company benefits such us on-site parking and amazing retail discounts!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.