Trainee Junior Valuer, Luxury Assets
John Pye Auctions are looking for an enthusiastic trainee junior valuer to join our growing Luxury Assets department.
The ideal candidate for this role will be passionate about Jewellery, Watches and Luxury Accessories, and interested in working towards GEM-A diamond and coloured stone qualifications as part of their training.
The purpose of the role will be to identify, value and catalogue Jewellery, Watches and Luxury Accessories for our London and regional Luxury salerooms in a timely fashion, working to very tight deadlines on a weekly basis. It will also be necessary to complete administrative duties relevant to the sale process to ensure the smooth running of the processing centre and the online weekly auction cycle.
To be successful in this role the post holder will be flexible and adaptable to the challenging nature of the auction lifecycle, and have some experience in the Jewellery industry.
Tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Asset processing and cataloguing for our UK wide weekly auctions, including identification and research of jewellery, watches and other luxury accessories
- Processing weekly deliveries of jewellery, watches, silver and luxury accessories
- Identifying gemstones, makers and conducting diamond gradings
- Liaising with other members of the department to ensure that deadlines are met
- Full responsibility for following and completing necessary administrative procedures
- Assisting with the photography, videography, lotting and re-lotting items when required
- Maintaining transparent communication. Appropriately communicate organisational information with internal stakeholders through and appropriate email, telephone, and regular interpersonal communication
- Support in all other areas of the business as required
- Experience working in the jewellery and watch industry
- Excellent writing skills in English, and ability to combine an understanding of the material with a commercial sense of promoting value
- Confident valuing pre-owned and modern jewellery and gemstones for the secondary market
- Excellent self-management and planning skills and the ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure to tight auction deadlines, balancing photography, cataloguing and sale administration
- Ability to thrive within a fast-paced team environment
- Proactive approach to working within a team
- Good demonstrable IT skills, including good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload in a fast paced, evolving and unpredictable working environment.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Commercial awareness and industry knowledge
- Flexibility to undertake additional tasks within the business if required
Salary: Competitive + discretionary company bonus
Hours: 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm.