Junior Buyer, Sewing Quarter
Immediate Media have an exciting opportunity for a Junior buyer to join the Sewing Quarter Team.
Immediate Media is the special interest content and platform company, with brands like Radio Times, BBC History, JewelleryMaker, Sewing Quarter, BBC Good Food, Top Gear, Hitched, and Gardeners World.
Creativity, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit define our culture, so working with us is stretching and rewarding. We’re a company that’s changing fast, and we’ve created a culture which encourages people to give their best and thrive.
Reporting directly to the Senior Buyer and working alongside a Junior Buyer, you will be responsible for delivering the Channel category plan, including identifying new suppliers and new products, achieving sales and profitability targets, working with existing suppliers and developing the range to meet business requirements.
- Source and purchase merchandise to meet customer needs in terms of choice, price and innovation
- Creation and maintenance of strategic buying plans to meet short & medium term business objectives gaining approval from line manager
- Review historical data, trends and previous strategies to ascertain lessons learnt for future seasons
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the market, supplier base, competitors and ever changing customer requirements for all products within the category
- Develop and maintain strategic supplier relationships
- Develop a sourcing strategy for given category to contribute the sales growth in line with the overall business strategy
- Ensure new product development plan is in place to deliver customer and business requirements
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies;
- Able to work within the fast-paced TV Shopping environment.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage buying and admin responsibility for a large number of sku’s.
- Experience in overseas travel and attending Trade Shows.
- Develop strategic supplier relationships with suppliers.
- Experience within a similar buying position.
- Ability to Plan, prioritise and focus on key issues.
- Self-starter and able to work to exacting deadlines.
- Strong Negotiation Skills.
Apply for Junior Buyer, Sewing Quarter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly