LOCATION: Head Office - Somers House, Rugby. National and occasionally international travel required
ROLE OBJECTIVE: Working closely with the Chairman and Board of Directors you will have full responsibility for the Strategic,
Commercial, Operational and Financial focus of the organisation.
• Develop and execute the company’s business strategies in order to attain the goals of the board and shareholders.
• Provide strategic advice to the board and the Chairman to facilitate an accurate view of the company’s future.
• Oversee the company’s financial, commercial and operational performance, marketing and membership development with ultimate
responsibility for the governance of the organisation.
• Lead and develop the CMJ team. Delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of executives providing guidance and motivation to
drive maximum performance.
• Take a leading role in the industry. Develop and maintain an effective marketing strategy.
• Maximise the performance opportunities of the membership, both retailer and suppliers.
• Act as the public speaker and ultimate public relations representative of the company to strengthen its profile.
• Analyse problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to future proof the company’s growth.
• Communicate and maintain trust relationships with all membership, suppliers, shareholders and associate members.
• Actively promote a culture which supports ethical behaviour, fundamentally linked to current safety and risk management practices.
• Proven experience as Managing Director, preferably in a related industry.
• Demonstrable experience in developing strategy and business plans.
• Strong understanding of corporate finance and measures of performance.
• Familiarity with corporate law and management best practices.
• Excellent organisational and leadership skills.
• Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Wide industry knowledge.
WHAT WE OFFER…
• Basic salary between £90-95k/annum DOE
• Pension cont. 10%
• £20K bonus scheme- KPI driven + benefits