This is an exciting opportunity for a Jewellery / Accessories Designer looking for a new challenge within an exciting, fast growing company. The role involves designing fun, on-trend jewellery for licensed and high street products.
We are looking for those with proven experience working with branded or licensed products covering the following areas: fine jewellery, costume jewellery, hair accessories, and gifting.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Designing exciting, commercial jewellery and accessories for both ladies and children and other customers
- Continually coming up with new, fresh ideas and innovative concepts, with the brand handwriting in mind.
- Range building and creating visuals of how ranges will be displayed in-store
- Producing technical Specs for factories with a high level of detail
- Researching new and exciting ideas/concepts and producing clear mood boards
- Designing marketing material including web banners and point of sale, for customers and our own brands.
- Working closely with other members of the design team, merchandisers and sales and to ensure that all jobs are completed, and deadlines are met.
- Analysing and considering best and worst sellers, as well as upcoming trends, in order to always stay ahead of competitors.
- Comp shopping and travelling to identify trends and source new product for design inspiration.
- Always considering the Design Department budget and keeping business costs to a minimum.
- 2+ continuous years with branded or licensed design experience
- Previous experience designing both costume and sterling silver jewellery within a fashion brand or supplier.
- Technical jewellery knowledge and a good understanding of jewellery manufacture
- Excellent CAD skills and strong skills in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and ideally InDesign.
- Proficient in Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly Creative and trend-driven, with a strong commercial eye and versatile handwriting
- Careful attention to detail
- Strong research skills, demonstrating exceptional experience designing on-trend yet commercial designs.
- Enthusiastic and happy to take on new challenges, with the ability to problem-solve
- Adaptable, with the ability to work across multiple projects and different product areas
- Excellent communication skills
- A good team player
- Organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to balance a heavy workload and deliver multiple deadlines in a demanding fast paced environment.
- You must be able to work independently but also be open to share and receive ideas and opinions from the Design team.
£20,000 - £40,000 dep exp